Thursday, June 20, 2013

Book Idea?

I always say this. I need to blog more. I need to vlog more. I need to update more. Why does it feel like time goes by so very fast?

I don't even remember what all could be considered "new" at this point compared to last when I typed up random ramblings. Not much happens these days though- at least not anything positive that is worth posting about. There certainly a lot of negative things going on though ~_~;; but who really wants to read me whining about something? NOOOO ONNNEEEE... probably. Who knows. Voyeurism into another person's problems does do wonders to make one feel better about their own life issues after all.

I've had this idea for a book in my head for a few years now. And when I say a few years I literally mean 4. I keep thinking "this is stupid" but I like the idea a lot. In fact now that I think of it I've had 2 main plots jumbling around in my brain- though they don't go together. They were ideas Brandon and I brain stormed together before he moved to Japan (BTW he graduated just this month! Congrats bro! :D). Him and I were shooting things back and forth and talking about good plot twists and such and we came across these ideas. My mind only slightly elaborates on them so it's still a very basic idea. Last I remember he gave me permission to use them if I ever wrote them as I know I'm the better one when it comes to writing. However if I were to do so he'd totally get tons of credit for it!

Seriously though... I love writing. I like expressing things and telling stories through words. But I feel like my imagination is super rusty. And I worry, a lot, about the idea of actually trying to write a book. I know it takes time, sometimes years and YEARS, to write, edit, publish, etc and I haven't the slightest clue how to go about it all. Do I just start throwin' words down on paper and hope things make sense? Though I'd probably plot things out like characters and such first. Auuughhh!! I don't even know if that's what I'd want to do or if it'd be worth it. Or if it'd even be any GOOD. I just feel the need to create so much lately... *sigh*

I don't know how much longer I'll mull this over or if I'll ever write this idea into something tangible. It'd be nice to but I'm not so sure I believe in myself enough :<

No comments:

Post a Comment