Monday, November 17, 2014

[Bodyline review:] GOLD Double strap 'tea party' Lolita shoes (Shoes251/s522)

Double Strap Tea Party Lolita Shoes [link]
shoes251/s522
("gld" aka Gold)
[Review of sax blue]
[Review of Silver]

Heel Height: 0.5in (1.2cm)

I always find these shoes to be mega cute when I see them on Bodyline's site and so many girls wearing them made me want to try out my own pair. However I have found that no matter what size I buy they end up giving me a look similar to clown feet ~_~;;



The sizing in these shoes seem to run a bit large. I normally order a 245 (US 7.5) from Bodyline but the sax blues ones I had done so with were much too large on me. Upon ordering the size 240 in gold however they fit nicely so I would recommend ordering a half-size down if a full size already feels a bit large from Bodyline.

The toe box is very rounded and unforgiving size wise if you have longer feet but would seem to work well if your toes are a bit wider. Because the toe box is also rather roomy height-wise it would be very easy to add in an insole into these without totally smashing your feet. The bows are large and cute and I really do like these but I think I'll personally stick to the heeled styles Bodyline has to offer (my favorite being shoe300!)

The gold coloring is very interesting. It's not a flat gold like shoe300's gold and instead is textured with what seems to be a clear protective layer over it. It really helps these shoes sparkle and shine and I LOVE the texture! I really wish Bodyline released more shoes in this gold color!




The newest colors! Gold and silver! 


The gold on shoe251 and shoe300 are very different! Which do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment